Sunday, October 28, 2018

Life changes, so do I!


Finally i’m back after very long hiatus of writing travel blog! 

Well, life transition from an employee of multinational company to independent business woman really takes time. I was enjoying life as employee with all of the privilege given by company. My latest job was as Community Relation Officer at China Cement Company. I learned more about cement industry (that I already into this industry in my previous job) especially about how China Cement Company prepare for establishing a cement industry in Indonesia. I also learned Mandarin language since everyday we had daily meeting using the language (I was like stranger lost in the land of China in my first day of working, understood nothing šŸ˜“). Life was fun and challenging, I had super boss that support both my job and my progress of learning Mandarin language. He even bought me Mandarin textbooks for beginner, hope that it will help increase my ability speaking Mandarin at office. Xie xie Laopan!

But a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Company didn’t run well. Activities on community and government relation slowly stopped. Some problems occured in the investment as well. Salary wasn’t paid on time for several times. Everyone was panic!

During the reduction of my office activities, I saw a chance on starting a business. My friend was having a project of opening a new cafe in town, I came to offer a new concept of Korean cafe. As I’m a culinary enthusiast and K-popers (Korean Pop Entertainment fans), I used to cook Korean foods during my free time. So I thought I can handle this concept well. And I did it!

The cafe gained so much recognitions and loves from people, especially from Korean food lovers. Some people also tried the Korean menu as they were curious how it tastes. I spent most of my time developing this cafe than finishing my office works. So I decided to apply resignation to my office and focus on my business. I am now open my own Korean cafe, separated from my friend''s cafe that we used to collaborated.

Well it takes a year to make my business run well and autopilot. Past few months was terible because I was on my transition from a comfort zone of employee to a risky life as entrepreneur. But life is better after I decided to be entrepreneur. I could manage my time as I want, I have my team that will handle my jobs and I can have more time with family.

And the important thing is I can start doing my hobby again from now on, travelling!

I will start my travelling stories by continue the latest post about my visit to Penang, Malaysia. Hope the content could help you whenever you want to visit the country. Soon I will write about my visit to another country as I just came back from Singapore and Thailand as well, cannot wait to share the stories with you guys šŸ˜.

Enjoy!

Xoxo,
Kamala 

No comments:

Post a Comment